The Western Mindanao State University (WMSU) Board of Regents, formally and publicly announces that the SEARCH FOR TWO (2) PRIVATE SECTOR REPRESENTATIVES (PSR) IN THE GOVERNING BOARD is EXTENDED until jUNE 15, 2017.
The following are the CRITERIA AND GUIDELINES for Nomination:
- A. CRITERIA FOR NOMINEES FOR PRIVATE SECTOR REPRESENTATIVE (PSR) – Nominees for the PSR to the Western Mindanao State University Board of Regents (WMSU-BOR) must satisfy the following criteria:
- 1. Must be a Filipino citizen and a prominent resident of Zamboanga City;
- 2. Must be a person of unquestioned integrity and probity and must not have been convicted of any administrative offense or crime;
- 3. Must be successful in his/her profession(s) or chosen field (s);
- 4. Must be from the industry, business, or profession that can contribute to the pursuit of the mandate of WMSU;
- 5. Must have at least five (5) years proven experience in a managerial position or corporate governance;
- 6. Must have solid contribution to the community and/or country;
- 7. Must not be connected with WMSU in any manner, for two (2) years prior to his or her nomination;
- 8. Must have an extensive record of employment, business, expertise and connection with the private sector. If the nominee previously worked in any capacity with a government entity or was a consultant in any government undertaking of whatever nature, the proportion of the entire time the nominee served in government should not exceed one-fourth of the entire time the nominee served in the private sector;
- 9. Must not in any way be presently employed or appointed to any position with any government agency or entity (national, local, or government-owned or controlled corporation), be it on a full time or part time basis, at the time of his or her nomination; and
- 10. Must explicitly manifest availability of time and commitment to the service of WMSU.
The achievements and contributions of nominees shall be evaluated according to percentages presented in table below:
|1. Achievement(s) in the business or chosen field
2. Solid Contribution(s) to the Community and/or country
- - Nominators/Nominees for the position of PSR should provide Four (4) copies of all pertinent details as follows:
- 1. Duly accomplished and notarized Nomination Form
- 2. Supporting documents:
- a. Curriculum Vitae of the nominee with duly certified documents in support of data specified therein (e.g., academic records; past and current employment/service records; awards received, SEC/DTI Registration of companies owned by nominee; etc.);
- b. Certification that nominee is not connected with WMSU;
- c. Certification that nominee is not currently employed in any government agency/office;
- d. Original Barangay clearance; and
- 3. Nominee’s Conforme- Nominees should indicate their acceptance of the nomination by signing their conforme on the designated portion of the notarized nomination form.
(Note: Nomination form can be downloaded from the WMSU website- download here);
SUBMIT NOMINATIONS AND ALL REQUIRED DOCUMENTS ON/OR BEFORE JUNE 15, 2017 AT 5 O’CLOCK IN THE AFTERNOON TO:
DR. YOLANDA E. ALCALA
University and Board Secretary
Search Committee Secretariat
2/F Administration Building
Western Mindanao State University
Normal Road, Baliwasan, Zamboanga City
– The Search Committee shall only consider nominations with complete supporting documents. Please contact the Office of the University Board Secretary at (062) 955-3065 for more details.